Senior Front-End Developer
We're a team of technology experts who specialise in creating enterprise web apps for a better, more productive workplace. We truly believe that meaningful and memorable products are best delivered by small cross-functional teams, where regular collaboration and support helps to forge trusted friendships and respect.
User-centered design plays a major part in our approach; it’s not just how it looks, it’s how it works. It’s this philosophy that provides the foundation for everything we ship.
To learn more about what we get up to, take a look at our blog page.
Working closely with our technical director and with the support of our cross-functional team, you will help to lead the front-end development of our clients' projects and play a crucial role in providing strategy and insight. From building bespoke SPAs and living pattern libraries for our clients in the security and intelligence sector to building more traditional content websites for government departments, you’ll help improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way these organisations operate.
Day-to-day you’ll work on new and existing projects and be involved in our discovery, strategic planning, and development processes. Our projects are very diverse and will provide the opportunity to learn a wide variety of emerging technologies, engaging with both software, and on occasion, its hardware counterpart. As we move towards the second half of the year you will have the opportunity to mentor new team members as we continue to expand the business.
Our stack varies per project. As a team we’re currently using: ES6, React, Vue, Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Twig, Craft, Wordpress, Git, Sass, BEM, AWS, Docker, Laravel, Symfony and Go.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in small cross-functional teams and who shares similar principles when it comes to collaborating and supporting one another. Ideally, you’ll have at least two years of experience working in an agency or product development role with modern industry standard languages and practices.
Your previous experience will have given you the confidence to voice your opinion on subjects such as UX design, development processes, and choosing the right tools for the tasks ahead. It’s okay if you don’t have experience working in an agile environment, or participating in discovery workshops - with ten years behind us we can teach you everything you’ll need to know.
Perhaps your entrepreneurial spirit has even led you to build a few web apps of your own, if so then you’ll fit right in at one of our bi-annual JAMS hackathons.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience writing clean HTML and CSS/SASS without a framework
- Experience with JS frameworks/libraries such as React or Vue.js
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries/design systems
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress/Craft)
It would be great if you have:
- An understanding of CSS methodologies (BEM/SMACSS)
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- An understanding of templating languages (Twig/Blade)
It would be absolutely ideal if you have:
- A basic understanding of containerisation (Docker)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous development
- Experience with issue/project tracking software (such as Jira)
- 24 days holiday plus an additional 1 day per year of service beyond the second year
- Flexible working, Wednesday's are generally a work from home day
- Bi-annual JAMs hackathon, a four-day workshop to build your own ideas
- Bi-monthly show and tell events for industry awareness
- An annual personal development budget of £1,000
- Macbook Pro with admin rights and the software you need
- Regular company lunches, drinks, and our summertime party
- 9:00 to 5:30 is our normal working day, we don't ask for overtime!
- Salary range £45k to £50k